Anyone off to see The Hunger Games? I have just read the first two books in response to the hype about the film.
It does make me wonder what can we do to prevent such a society developing OR have we already got one where the poor compete for scant resources?
It does make me wonder what can we do to prevent such a society developing OR have we already got one where the poor compete for scant resources?



I saw it last night at midnight! Even though I know the context in which they use the term "volunteer" it still makes my ears perk up and think about volunteer engagement instead (of which there seems to be none in the society of Panem).
ReplyDeleteI greatly enjoyed the books, and it's interesting to think of what could happen if such a dystopian society were to exist in similar extremes as in the books.
In terms of resources, I found it interesting that each district only had one main industry. I think there is competition for resources in our world, but our "districts" are not limited in the same ways as in The Hunger Games.