twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday Tech: Farmers Start Tweeting


West Australia's Sunday Times report the phenomena of Australian farmers tweeting. In the wake of the animal abuses recorded in the industry last year, farmers are looking for a way to communicate their work to city residents. This could be one way to bridge the urban rural divide in Australia. 
Animal Rights advocates have been very good with Social Media whilst farmers have been largely silent. Now West Australian Rural Woman of the Year, Catherine Marriott, (@roseycatherinewill run workshops across the state to help farmers understand how to use the technology. 
I am now following Stepahnkis  Coombs  who will be tweeting live from a cattle muster. Follow me @martinjcowling as I follow her and/or follow her directly @ausagventures  I also follow @AnimalsAus
Other farmers to follow:
@farmersway, @territorycattle, @kelpiestockdogs, @ABCcoppin, @WAfarmers, @meatlivestock

On the animal rights "side":
@animalrights, @Animal_Law, @AnimalRightsCom, @Animal_Place, @Animals_Watch, @Animalforce

1 comment:

  1. As a long-time associate of the farming fraternity in NZ I am not surprised WA farmers have resorted to twittering. If you can't beat 'em, you join 'em - though I am not sure this will be the bridge over the divide. Might just make the chasm wider........

    ReplyDelete