twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Vale Syd Tutton

I intend my Wednesday Posts to be inspiring to get you through hump day. This week's blog for me has been impacted by the passing of Syd Tutton, the National President of one of Australia's largest charities: St Vincent de Paul Society.

In a previous St Vincent de Paul role, Syd was my very first consultancy client. I worked on a couple of significant projects with Syd and enjoyed working with him a great deal. 

 I learnt a lot from Syd and am sad at his passing.

Mr Tutton left school at 14 and spent 51 years in the electricity supply industry. After marriage, he educated himself through night school, acquiring business and accounting degrees. He rose to a leadership role in the power industry before taking on leadership roles at "Vinnies".

Syd exposed me to the urgency of change in "traditional" organisations while remaining true to original mission.

I hope in some way to inspire you to do the same.

Who has influenced your life and work?

No comments:

Post a Comment