twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Thursday, June 23, 2011

I felt safe

I facilitated a workshop on Tuesday for Volunteering Canterbury in Christchurch, New Zealand.

The workshop was held at St Mark's Avonhead, Presbyterian Church Community Centre.  Nice facility.

The building has come through all the quakes unscathed.

On my evaluation sheet, we aks a question: What did you feel about the venue and the location?

There were some complaints it was cold (it was a wintery Christchurch day) but overwhelmingly people wrote something I have never seen on an evaluation form before:

It was safe


This is a very telling commentary on how the citizens of Christchurch feel after 3(some would say 4 and some 5) major quakes and 14 000 tremors since September, 2010.
Thoughts are with you guys.


(the workshop went well... 40% of the participants rated it 10 out of 10 30% gave a 9 out of ten 20% 8 out of ten and a got  10% 7 out of ten). Thank you to Ruth, Jan and the team at Vol Can for facilitating it.







No comments:

Post a Comment