twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Men in Volunteer Management

Across the world, whenever there is a conference, workshop or meeting about volunteering, there are usually about 90% women and 10% men.  Sometimes it is 100% women. Except if it is an emergency services meeting or sports.
Why?

Gwen is doing some research to find out why? She is pictured here interviewing me at the National Conference on Volunteering and Service.

What are your theories?

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps its that most volunteers are women, so working in the field isn't seen as men's work.

    As a man in this field, I know that I'm a minority, but I love my job and my mainly female colleagues are great.

    Perhaps its also the low status that Volunteer Managers have in many organisations that means that this job is seen as women's work..

    ReplyDelete