There is a lot of paranoia and fear about Facebook. I accept that Facebook makes some dumb mistakes but Facebook has been blamed for so much and given so much more power than it has.
I see people who get get angry at things that Facebook has shared that they themselves have inputted into the site!
The one that amuses me is when people say "Facebook stole my password ..that is why I have sent junkmail, spam or viruses".
How about you clicked on a link that took you OUT of Facebook and you entered your own password on that link.
What also amuses me about the paranoia is that I can find out lots of information about you OUTSIDE Facebook.
You are not invisible anywhere..
Join a Yahoo group- then you have an online presence
Post a complaint on Trip Adviser?
Post your pic on your family web page?
Be interviewed by your local TV/Radio station/newspaper?
All of those things will put you online.
Protect yourself:
I see people who get get angry at things that Facebook has shared that they themselves have inputted into the site!
The one that amuses me is when people say "Facebook stole my password ..that is why I have sent junkmail, spam or viruses".
How about you clicked on a link that took you OUT of Facebook and you entered your own password on that link.
What also amuses me about the paranoia is that I can find out lots of information about you OUTSIDE Facebook.
You are not invisible anywhere..
Join a Yahoo group- then you have an online presence
Post a complaint on Trip Adviser?
Post your pic on your family web page?
Be interviewed by your local TV/Radio station/newspaper?
All of those things will put you online.
Protect yourself:
- Don't share anything online, you dont want to see repeated. Anything, anywhere.
- Be real
- Don't post when angry, drunk or frustrated
- Don't share your password
- If you are ever asked for your Facebook password by any other program, page or individual, check it is legitimate.
- Log out of your Facebook account when on shared computers




No comments:
Post a Comment