twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Musings: How many Days?

I bought a sprig of forget me nots for Alziemers" Day in New Zealand last year. I then got an email from Points of Light advertising make a Difference Day.

This made me reflect on how many days we now have for charities:
  • Jeans for Genes (wear a pair of Jeans)
  • Daffodil Day (for Cancer)
  • Bandana Day for Canteen 
  • Raise a Reader Day
  • Hoodie Day
  • National Sunnies for Sight Day
  • Earth Hour
  • Purple Day for Epilepsy Awareness
  • Cupcake Day
  • Strawberry Festival

All of these days vie for time, space, donations and volunteers. Do we have too many days?





1 comment:

  1. Is it the number of days or the hoop-la that goes with them? Eg, IMV Day (November 5) can be more about volunteering than management of volunteers, and the managers who do the grunt work.

    ReplyDelete