When I started this blog in October, 2009, I had no idea of what it might do.
17 358 page views and 251 comments later, the number of readers continues to climb every month.
The top ten blog posts of 2011 were:
17 358 page views and 251 comments later, the number of readers continues to climb every month.
The top ten blog posts of 2011 were:
- Friday Facts: No follow through Apr 15, 2011, about the lack of follow up by spontaneous volunteers- we got 13 comments
- Friday Facts: Aussie Volunteer Conference Reaction..., this was my most controversial blog post. It was not intended to be. I was reporting on feelings regarding the 2011 Australian volunteering conference. Sadly, Volunteering Australia failed to respond to the blog post. I sadly suspect, they saw it as an attack. I remain committed to supporting Volunteering Australia but like many feel locked out by the agency. Published Oct 28, 2011 we had a massive 33 comments.
- Thunderbirds and the Aussie Floods/Haiti earthquak...2011 was a dreadful year for disasters. I speculated on what would happen if we really did have the thunderbirds! Three comments - published Jan 16, 2011
- No More Free Training? contained my observations on what happens when people provide training for free. Got a lot of readers but only five comments on September 8, 2011.
- Completely Unqualified Trainer? You're Hired. was one of my early posts published Dec 19, 2010. I was lamenting the attitude of the not for profit sector that aims for lowest common denominator. This one has generated 13 comments
- Volunteer Australia Conference Report back after my post published Oct 28, 201 with people's concerns re the Volunteer Australia conference, I sought feedback on Dec 1, 2011. Sadly, Volunteering Australia didn't even use the opportunity and we had a mere 3 comments (still time folks)
- Power to Change? For International Volunteers Day in December, 2011, Rob Jackson blogged his thoughts regarding the day. Lots of readers but no comments!
- Meeting People @ NCVS published through the National Conference on Volunteering and Service in the USA, in Jun 2011...lots of interesting people met, lots of page views but alas only three comments
- But What does it Mean? asked the meaning behind the Volunteer Week slogan in Australia. Published Feb 8, 2011- I got eight comments
- Friday Facts: Behind the US Volunteering numbers I am very concerned at the direction, US Volunteering numbers are taking but wonder if I am the only one worried? Fewer people are volunteering despite a recession, and a higher emphasis on volunteering. Published: Aug 12, 2011 I got 7 comments. I would love more debate on this.
Thats 2011.....I look forward to 2012.
I also publish a second blog: Wild about Travel exploring my travel experiences. Love you to follow me there as well!
Heres to a great 2012. Thank you for reading with me.....and commenting!! Thank you to the 40 people who follow this blog. Its great to have that support.



No comments:
Post a Comment